CURRENT AFFAIRS FOR MARCH
* PMO sets up high-level panels to suggest measures to restore normalcy post 21-day lockdown; these panels to work under guidance of P K Mishra, Principal secretary to the PM.
* IIT Bombay develops mobile app named ‘CORONTINE’ for tracking COVID-19 quarantine patients.
* National Book Trust to launch ‘Corona Studies Series’ books for all age-groups for the post-Corona readership needs.
* Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan launches CoNTeC (COVID-19 National Teleconsultation Centre) to review COVID-19 preparedness across the country.
* Mirza Waheed wins ‘The Hindu Prize 2019’ in Fiction for ‘Tell Her Everything’, and Non-Fiction awarded to Santanu Das for ‘India, Empire, and First World War Culture: Writings, Images and Songs’.
* RBI allows Small Finance Banks (SFBs) to carry out simple financial activities without seeking a prior approval from it.
* Coronavirus lockdown: Civil aviation ministry sets up air cargo management group to move essential commodities across the country.
* Coronavirus pandemic: US announces financial assistance of $174 million to 64 countries including $2.9 million to India
* Earth Hour observed on March 28: People around the world switched off lights from 8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. local time.
* Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) eases timelines within 330-day deadline for insolvency resolution process; lockdown period would not be counted for the purpose of timelines.
* US: Ethnic Indian newspaper India Abroad ceases print edition after 50 years.
Pakistan shared a list of its nuclear installations with India under a bilateral agreement. The list handed over to an Indian High Commission official in accordance with Article-II of the Agreement on Prohibition of Attacks against Nuclear Installations and Facilities between Pakistan and India. The list of nuclear installations and facilities in Pakistan officially handed over to a representative of the Indian High Commission at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi handed over the list of Indian nuclear installations and facilities to a representative of the Pakistan High Commission at 1100 AM (IST). The agreement contains the provision that both countries inform each other of their nuclear installations and facilities on the 1st of January every year. This is being done consecutively since January 1, 1992.
World Health Organization (WHO) designated 2020 as the Year of the Nurse and the Midwife to honor the 200th birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale. The World Health Organization (WHO) is the collaborating partner in the three-year Nursing Now Campaign (2018–2020). Aim of Campaign The main objective is to improve health globally by raising the status and profile of nursing, demonstrating achieved by a strengthened nursing profession, and enabling nurses to maximize their contribution to achieving Universal Health Coverage. WHO Organisation The development of the first-ever State of the World’s Nursing report launched in 2020.
Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei named as the Deputy Head of the Revolutionary Guards foreign operations arm EsmailQaani to replace QasemSoleimani as its commander. Soleimani killed in a pre-dawn US strike in Baghdad. QasemSuleimani QasemSuleimani regarded as the second most powerful figure in Iran after Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei killed in an overnight attack by the US. Top Iraqi militia commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, an adviser to Soleimani killed in the attack. The Qaani was one of the most decorated commanders of the Guards during the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war. The orders for the force remain precisely as they were during the leadership of Soleimani. The members of the force to cooperate with General Qaani.
The United States of America around 3,000 army troops to the Middle East killing of Iranian Commander QasemSoleimani ordered by President Donald Trump. They are in addition to about 700 soldiers who were deployed in Kuwait earlier this week after the storming of the United States Embassy compound in Baghdad. Donald Trump administration sent 14,000 additional troops to the Mideast since May when it first publicly claimed Iran is planning attacks on US interests. The escalation in the conflict between Washington and Iran. The execution of Iranian Commander QasemSoleimani by US military aimed to stop a war and not to start a war. The Qassem was plotting attacks on US diplomats and military personnel. United States Secretary of State Mike Pompeo defended the strike as wholly lawful that Soleimani posed an imminent threat against the United States and its interests in the region.